Starting an Uplink Conversation in Salesforce
Uplink and Salesforce are the perfect one-two punch with Salesforce documenting crucial customer relationship data and Uplink being a communication tool for acting on that data.
For this reason, we built Uplink to have deep integration with Salesforce. In fact, you start new Uplink conversations right from your Customer and Lead profiles in Salesforce.
How to Start a Conversation in Salesforce
- In Salesforce, navigate to the Customer or Lead you want to message.
- Confirm the Mobile field has been filled-in for the Customer or Lead. You need the mobile number for the Uplink conversation to work.
- In Salesforce Lightning, navigate to the Uplink Tab. Next to the assigned number it will say “Start Conversation.” Click “Start Conversation.”
- For Salesforce Classic, once you are on your Contact or Lead you will need to scroll until you reach Uplink. Next to the contact’s assigned Uplink number you will see the “Start Conversation” button. Click it to start the conversation with your contact.
- You will receive a system text message on your mobile device that reads as follows: “You can reach (###) ### - #### using this Uplink Number.” This message opens an SMS thread in which you can now message the Customer or Lead.
- In that same thread, send and receive text messages — as well as MMS — with the Customer or Lead.
Now that you’re a pro at starting new Uplink conversations in Salesforce, you’re ready to start building stronger relationships with clients. Of course, if there’s anything else we can help with, we encourage you to browse our library of guides and tutorials, which you can access via our Uplink Resources.