Uplink Quick Start Guide
This Quick Start Guide will help you configure Uplink with your Salesforce instance, set up your Uplink Users, and start your first Uplink text message conversation.
Part 1: Salesforce Set Up
Configure your Salesforce instance with Uplink:
After installing Uplink in your Salesforce instance, you will need to configure Uplink by adding your Uplink Organization Name and Uplink Authorization Token into Salesforce. Both of these can be found in your Uplink Organization on the Plan tab.
- In your Salesforce instance, navigate to Setup > Custom Settings > Uplink. Then, click on the Edit button.
- Add the Uplink Organization Name and Uplink Authorization Token and click “Save”.
Your Salesforce instance is now configured with your Uplink account.
Your Salesforce Users:
Users in Salesforce will automatically be linked to their Users in Uplink by matching their phone number.
Your Leads/Contacts in Salesforce:
Uplink works on both Leads and Contacts in Salesforce.
- For Contacts, Uplink reads the Mobile Phone field.
- For Leads, Uplink reads the Phone field.
Add Uplink components into your Page Layout:
There are two Uplink components available in Salesforce.
Edit the page layout for either the Contact or Lead and drag the component you would like to add on to the page.
Part 2: Uplink Set Up
Uplink Users Setup:
- First, sign in to your Uplink organization here.Note: If you have not set up your Uplink organization yet, please contact us.
SYSTEM MSG: You have been assigned this number by Uplink.
Part 3: Begin Your Conversation
After you have configured Salesforce and Uplink, there are a two ways to initiate a text conversation with a Contact.
- Initiate Conversation in Salesforce: Navigate to the Contact or Lead and click the “Start Conversation” button.
- Contact Texts the Uplink User Number: Provide a Contact with your User Number and the Contact texts you first.
Your next message begins your Uplink Conversation!