Uplink Quick Start Guide
This Quick Start Guide will help you configure Uplink with your Salesforce instance, set up your Uplink Users, and start your first Uplink text message conversation.
Part 1: Salesforce Set Up
Configure your Salesforce instance with Uplink:
After installing Uplink in your Salesforce instance, you will need to configure Uplink by adding your Uplink Organization Name and Uplink Authorization Token into Salesforce. Both of these can be found in your Uplink Organization on the Plan tab of the Uplink Web App.
- In your Salesforce instance, navigate to Setup > Custom Settings > Uplink. Then, click on the Edit button.
- Add the Uplink Organization Name and Uplink Authorization Token and click “Save”.
Your Salesforce instance is now connected with your Uplink account.
Add the Uplink component into your Page Layout:
There is one Uplink component available in Salesforce.
Edit the page layout for either the Contact or Lead and drag the component you would like to add on to the page.
Your Salesforce Users:
- Navigate to Salesforce Users settings.
- Under "Personal Information" ensure the Mobile field contains the Salesforce Users' cell phone number.
When you are configuring your Uplink Users, it is imperative that the Uplink User's Real Number is the same as their Mobile Number inside of Salesforce.
Your Leads/Contacts in Salesforce:
Uplink works on both Leads and Contacts in Salesforce.
- Uplink reads the Mobile Phone field. Ensure this field is filled out for Uplink to work.
Part 2: Uplink Set Up
Uplink Users Setup:
- First, sign in to your Uplink organization here.Note: If you have not set up your Uplink organization yet, please contact us.
SYSTEM MSG: You have been assigned this number by Uplink.
Part 3: Begin Your Conversation
After you have configured Salesforce and Uplink, there are three ways to initiate a text conversation with a Contact.
- Start a Conversation in Salesforce: Navigate to the Contact or Lead and click the “Start Conversation” button. You will receive a text message with the Contact’s Uplink Number.
- Contact Texts the Uplink User Number: Provide a Contact with your User Number and the Contact texts you first.
- Start Conversation in your Native Texting App: Text your Uplink Number the new Contact’s Real Phone Number by typing “Convo XXX-XXX-XXXX” or “Conversation XXX-XXX-XXXX.” You will receive a text message with the Contact’s Uplink Number.
Your next message begins your Uplink Conversation!